ᖃᓪᓗᓈᖅᑕᐃᑦ ᓯᑯᓯᓛᕐᒥᑦ Printed Textiles from Kinngait Studios presents the little-known story of a group of Inuit artists and printmakers who produced a collection of graphic textiles in Kinngait, (Cape Dorset, Nunavut) in the 1950s and 60s – a period of social change that disrupted traditional language and relationships to the land.
- Essays by Roxane Shaughnessy and Anna Richard; Nakasuk Alariaq; Jennifer Burgess and Norman Vorano.
- Interviews, biographies, and stunning full-colour images.
- The work of contemporary Inuit fashion designers Tarralik Duffy, Martha Kyak and Nooks Lindell.
- Design by Rob Gray, Designworks Studio, Toronto.
- 168 pages
- 22.2 cm x 27.9 cm
- English, French, Inuktitut
- Textile Museum of Canada (2020)
- ISBN 9780980908886
This item is associated with the exhibition ᖃᓪᓗᓈᖅᑕᐃᑦ ᓯᑯᓯᓛᕐᒥᑦ Printed Textiles from Kinngait Studios on now at the Textile Museum of Canada through June 1, 2021.