ᖃᓪᓗᓈᖅᑕᐃᑦ ᓯᑯᓯᓛᕐᒥᑦ Printed Textiles from Kinngait Studios presents the little-known story of a group of Inuit artists and printmakers who produced a collection of graphic textiles in Kinngait, (Cape Dorset, Nunavut) in the 1950s and 60s – a period of social change that disrupted traditional language and relationships to the land.
- Essays by Roxane Shaughnessy and Anna Richard; Nakasuk Alariaq; Jennifer Burgess and Norman Vorano.
- Interviews, biographies, and stunning full-colour images.
- The work of contemporary Inuit fashion designers Tarralik Duffy, Martha Kyak and Nooks Lindell. Design by Rob Gray, Designworks Studio, Toronto.
- 168 pages 22.2 cm x 27.9 cm
- English, French, Inuktitut
- Textile Museum of Canada (2020) ISBN 9780980908886
This item is associated with the exhibition ᖃᓪᓗᓈᖅᑕᐃᑦ ᓯᑯᓯᓛᕐᒥᑦ Printed Textiles from Kinngait Studios on now at the Textile Museum of Canada through January 29, 2022.